Sunday 24 March 2013

Evaluation - Question Five

5. How did you attract/address your audience?



DOOR SCENE HAS BEEN REMOVED


This is a video which I have annotated certain shots to highlight the ways in which my Film Opening links to other similar films in order to attract the particular Audience I have previously identified. My annotations refer to generic conventions, similarities with other movies and what I have identified as the unique selling point of my imaginary film. 


I feel that the unique selling point of my film would be the constant questioning raised by the target audience. These are some of the questions asked by those who have viewed my Thriller Opening:

"Why does she smudge her lipstick?"
"Why is she copying the lady on the poster?"
"Why did she circle the man on the newspaper?"
"Why are there empty photo frames and a upside down clock?"
"Why are there words on her door and rope?"
"Where does she go? Why did she take the dress?"

These questions being raised means that this film opening was successful in attempting to attract the audiences attention. This is because my main aim was to ensure that questions would be raised. Questions being raised by the audiences means that they are engaged and that they are trying to figure out what the answer is - also questions being raised means that the audience/viewer will want to watch more in order to determine why certain parts of the opening were done the way they were. 

I had some criticism on my Thriller opening which were pointed directly at the character needing to be more involved in more shots because they felt that they could not engage with the character more. Also the ending to the opening is 'TOO' mysterious some said. I have taken all criticism into account and will ensure that I will not make these mistakes in the future.

My film contains many homages which give direct links to similar films such as 'Fatal Attraction' and 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'. Overall I do feel it has been successful in that the audience are attracted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment