Sunday 24 March 2013

Evaluation - Question Four

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?


Target Audience

There are different types of target audience, for Thrillers this varies because of the age. However target audience is based on also gender and background. Majority of Thriller films always have a Sub genre. For example the famous film 'The Lodger' directed by Alfred Hitchcock. This film has the Sub genre's Crime, Drama and Mystery. Here is a link to the overview of 'The Lodger':  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017075/ . 


Audiences

After researching into what type of audiences watch Film noirs I came to a firm conclusion that I would give Furor the certificate rating of 18. The reasons why I came to this conclusion is because after asking different aged audiences, those aged 15 - 17 years of age felt that watching a Film noir would be in their view 'boring' as in today's society films are expected to be in colour, therefore black and white is not appealing to these age groups. However those whom I asked who were aged 18 and above, said they would watch a Film noir as it is how films began and it is history behind the films of today! I feel my film Furor is definitely appropriate for a certificate rating of 18 because it does contain forms of violence and sexual nature therefore I feel it would not be suitable for those of a younger age. People above even in their 40's or 50's would be interested in Film noirs because it is around their time that Film noirs were a big demand. Men would be highly into Film noirs because of the femme fatale and seductive, attractive women - women also would be interested because it goes against the typical stereotype of men always being the main focus. 

Film Noir Target Audience

The genre 'Film Noir' was created in the 1940's and 50's - therefore people who were around this time would be the ones who remembered the most about Film noir and who were most interested. The ratings for Film noir films are usually 15 or 18 and above so this means it is generally aimed at a more mature audience who have the ability to understand the films to their fullness. 

Feedback 

 This is my brother who is 19 years of age and is at college during a Media course and knows what should be involved - he will soon be starting University. I asked him whether he would watch a Film noir and whether he would watch my film and why. This is what he replied

"Personally I'm not into black and white films, I find some interesting but I get bored during the film, if I were to go and watch a Film noir, the most appealing thing to me would be story-line and the different twists to it. I wouldn't watch your film I'm not a big fan of Film noirs but overall I think it is wicked so well done sis!

This is Stephanie (left) and Andrew (right) - both are of 37 years of age. Andrew is a businessman and does marathons as a hobby. Stephanie is a lawyer. Both are film lovers and spend many evenings watching different genres. I asked both whether they are into Film noirs and whether they would watch my film and why. This is what they replied:

Stephanie -  " I think Film noirs are highly interesting they reveal a lot about the history of film, I love femme fatale film noir, the whole red lipstick and seductive dresses. I think its fab! I would watch your film because I felt it had such tension to it and it made me ask many questions which I want to find the answers to." 

Andrew -  " Films noirs are great, they have the sexiest women playing femme fatales. That has to be the most appealing aspect to me - I like the mystery, action and drama. I would definitely watch your film I think it has a right level of tension for people like me to want to watch it, great work!". 

This is Jayna - she is 22 years of age and is studying Maths at University. I asked her whether she enjoyed or had interest in Film noirs and whether she would watch my film and why. 

This is what she replied:

" Black and white films - are not my thing. I'm more of a romcom girl. The only thing I do like about Film noirs are the red lipstick and sexy dresses. I think that idea of women being seductive and sexy is really cool. I would watch your film because it really got my attention to want to see what happens even though it is black and white. The black and white suited well though so well done! The music was awesome to it sounded very seductive. " 

No comments:

Post a Comment