Sunday 24 March 2013

Evaluation - Question Six

6. What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Media has been the most challenging subject I have come across. This is because when starting the subject you do not realise how tough it is in terms of learning skills, software and equipment. I found the software and equipment the hardest to come to terms with, but now I am fully capable of putting the skills I have learnt into practice for both software and equipment.

As you can see on the right there are 3 images of myself and my group using the tripod and camera which we all had trouble using at first. At first I thought the tripod would not be so hard to operate but of course I was wrong. Although I did not film much of the difficult parts of the opening such as the panning scene, trying to film certain shots such as filming the homages, it is not easy to keep a steady hand.
However I did use the tripod and camera when filming the paused scene of 'Fatal Attraction'. For this I used a technique of an elastic band which you attach to the tripod handle. This was highly effective and made it easier to use the tripod. It resulted in a smooth movement.


All the above software were very useful to me in constructing this product. Garageband was highly useful in creating extra sound for our soundtrack, it allowed us to play around with it in order to find the appropriate sound which suited the rest of our soundtrack in which our friend helped us produce. At the beginning of constructing this product, myself and Final Cut Express did not get along at all! I could not come to terms with how to use it, I found it very difficult in trying to edit certain things and putting things together. However now I absolutely love Final Cut Express! It is an amazing piece of software which has allowed me to produce such a product. At times however the software would not co-operate and would erase my sequence which I had to pick myself up and start the sequence again. Excluding this, I have learnt how to put shots together, add in titles and edit each shot individually. It has been a challenge using Final Cut Express but this is one piece of technology and software that I feel I am expert with now. Livetype is what I used to create the Titles for my film opening. It was not easy to use but I eventually was able to use it along with the help of my group. Paint was also a great help in constructing my product because I used it to edit different shots and to crop unwanted parts in screen grabs. The Macs were difficult to use in the beginning but as the months flew by I can officially and proudly say I am able to use Macs and cooperate with them using these specific software's. 

YouTube is the most amazing website. I did not realise that YouTube could be used for so many different uses. Once I had completed rough edits and different presentation tasks, YouTube became a best friend in that it allowed me to upload and transfer it to my Blog. I have learnt so much with YouTube in that I now know how to annotate and how to add different effects and notes to videos which I am very proud of. 


As for Blogger, it has been a total eye opener for me. At the beginning of media I thought that the idea of having a blog was bizarre and not something I would think of doing. However my view of blogs has completely changed! I think that having a blog is so useful and allows you to express yourself in a variety of ways. Also I have learnt that blogger is a place where you can keep up to date with work and to keep a structure and build up a entire group of posts gradually in order to create a full blog which I find absolutely outstanding. Blogger has given me a insight into what can be done using sites such as this and I definitely will be using Blogger in the future as I find it very useful. 




As you can see below are screen grabs of when I was working on my product. Editing and producing the sequence.












No comments:

Post a Comment